All New Zealand stocked FENIX ranges and colours can be supplied as a ‘pressed panel’ for vertical and horizontal applications. To manufacture the Pressed Panels, FENIX sheets in either 0.9mm (for FENIX NTM) or 0.7mm (for Fenix NTM Bloom and FENIX NTA) thickness are pressed onto an E0 MDF substrate (medium density fibreboard, with very low formaldehyde emissions), or birch plywood substrate.
FENIX Pressed Panels are a superior and convenient option for cabinetry and tabletop applications in commercial and residential spaces.
FENIX can be pressed on either 18mm MDF (Moisture-Resistant E0), 25mm or 30mm MDF (E0) resulting in an almost 20mm, 27mm or 32mm finished panel thickness. The sheet size is 3.045m x 1.220m.
FENIX can be pressed on either 18mm or 24mm birch plywood resulting in an almost 20mm or 26mm finished panel thickness. The sheet size is 2.435m x 1.215m.
FENIX Pressed Panels are available in two options*:
• Face Two Sides (F2S) is where FENIX is pressed onto both faces (or sides) of the substrate for a more premium option.
• One Face One Back (1F1B) is where FENIX is pressed onto one face (or side) of the substrate, with a similarly coloured ARPA HPL (high-pressure laminate) pressed onto the back face, providing a lower cost option. (FENIX NTM Bloom is currently available in F2S only)
PANEL EDGING OPTIONS
• Laser ABS edging is available* in colour-matched 23mm and 43mm widths x 1mm thickness
• Standard ABS PU edging unglued available in colour-matched 23mm and 43mm widths x 1mm thickness
• FENIX Colour Core edging* in 1.2mm thickness
DARK COLOUR DESIGN CONSIDERATION
Putting dark colour benchtops and cabinetry panels into direct sunlight applications can affect the substrate performance in terms of product movement.